Sunday, January 18, 2009

Switzie Days!













Well....a lot has happened since last week. I saw the Alps for the first time, it snowed and it rained!! I spent this weekend hanging out in Switzerland and getting to know the place where I live, and the people I live with before I take off and see the rest of Europe.
On Friday I went to Geneva and visited the United Nations and the Red Cross Museum. Both very informational visits, but not the most stimulating when you're exhausted and can't really understand your tour guide!! But it was fun. After that we spent the rest of the day exploring Geneva and ate fondue at a little Swiss restaurant for dinner:)
On Saturday we woke up early and went to the market Saturday Market here in Lausanne. The market was comparable to the farmer's market in Old Town Temecula, except there were a lot more antiques. There was a man playing the accordion!!! I wanted to take a picture with him but I wasn't sure how to ask in French, and I didn't want him to be creeped out!! So I let that one go.... Then that afternoon, we caught a train up to Montreux, a little town up the shore and visited the Chateau de Chillon, an old castle in Switzerland with too much history to even go into! It was an amazing day!
Sunday, today, I went to church at Brady Smith's house; Paul Begin's brother-in-law! It was so neat to listen to the service all in french, and sing the same songs we do back home all the way in Switzerland! And then we had a potluck with the people there ...It was a wonderful weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    I'm so excited for you!!! And, thank you for allowing us to enjoy this adventure with you through your blog... I can't wait to see more pictures. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always for safe travels. Jack misses you at church. Take care of you...

    Love, friendship & God's blessings always,
    Debbie & Jack Gosden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jennifer! What a wonderful time you are going to have. Some of my best friends and fondest memories were made when Peter and I did the Pepperdine semester in London. Enjoy your travels and we look forward to your updates. May the Lord bless you and keep on your journey.
    With love,
    Susan Sparks

    ReplyDelete