Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The First Weekend

So....after the 10 hour flight to London, two hour lay over and another hour and a half flight to Geneva, I finally arrived here in Switzerland! Upon arrival I had no idea what time it was or even what day it was! Coming all the way from sunny Southern California it was quite the shocker!
The first weekend was orientation and we got a tour of the city of Lausanne!! That was probably my favorite part. The city here is so cute, and every building has so much character. The city is built on three hills, so there is not much flat ground. We walk most places, so I don't think I have to worry about gaining much weight!!
The cathedral is beautiful, and probably my favorite landmark in the city. We got to go inside during our tour, I took so many pictures. There is so much history to soak up in such a small amount of time. On Saturday we went to the Olympic Museum. We learned all about how the Olympics are all planned, and that all of the meetings for it are held right here in Lausanne.
The view from my balcony is supposed to be amazing, but I have yet to see it. The fog and over-cast weather has been so heavy that I still have not been able to see lake Geneva, which is right below my building, or the Alps, which are just on the other side of the lake. I haven't seen the sun in about four days, so that's a little depressing. I'm losing color by the hour!! EEEEPP

No comments:

Post a Comment